If you are planning to buy a robot vacuum, here are some tips and my 2 cents worth for you. Impulsively buying a regular robot vacuum is a waste of money; if you have already bought one, it is not recommended for you to read this, for fear that you will be filled with regrets. As technology advances, ordinary robot vacuums are slowly being replaced by robot vacuums equipped with automatic dust collection systems. By comparison, the robot vacuum with the automatic dust collection systems is really awesome. Here we would look into the differences between the two. Why recommend choosing the robot vacuum equipped with the automatic dust collection system and not the regular robot vacuum?
Ordinary robot vacuums can't really “free your hands”. It is unable to synchronize both the sweeping and mopping option, even the dust in the dust box has to be cleaned manually. Ordinary robot vacuums can only help you sweep and mop the floor, and if the capacity of the dust box is small, you need to clean up the garbage in the dust box frequently. All the dirty things cleaned up from the floor that you detest seeing will have to be cleaned up by you again. Each time you clean the dust box, inevitably secondary air pollution happens, causing you to have another encounter with the dust mites, debris and all the unwanted particles. You may also have the chance to have a taste of the dust while cleaning the dust box each time.
The robot vacuum equipped with the self-emptying dustbin is geared with a high-power vacuum dust collection integration, which can not only charge the robot vacuum, but also automatically collect dust. "The robot vacuum eats the dust, and the self-emptying dustbin fills up the garbage from the robot vacuum into its stomach"! This means that the robot vacuum replaces your work of cleaning and frequent garbage dumping, and directly sucks all the garbage into the dust bin automatically! After the robot completes the cleaning work, it will automatically return to the dust collector. The dust collector uses a vacuum suction technology to automatically remove the rubbish in the dust box and collects the rubbish into the dust bag. There is no need to manually clean the dust box, which is very convenient.
From the above comparison, it is clear that the robot vacuum equipped with the self-emptying dustbin truly allows for a hands-free cleaning experience. My new UONI cleaning robot is equipped with a 4300ml large-capacity disposable fiber dust bag, which can hold up to 30 days of daily garbage. In other words, I only need to throw away the dust box once a month without having to manually clean the dust box every day. Moreover, the whole process of the dust collection is completely sealed and airtight, so that it does not puff out dust during the process, and will not cause secondary air pollution.
What are the other points to note other than the dust collection system?
The robot vacuum equipped with the dust collection system has the same function as the ordinary robot vacuum, so when selecting the automatic dust collection sweeping robot, in addition to the dust collection function, other purchase points are similar to the sweeping robot. When choosing, pay attention to the main points of purchase.
- Mapping technology: The sweeping robot with gyroscope navigation need not be considered. Choosing mature LDS laser navigation technology and visual planning technology is a way better option.
- Endurance: First of all, look at the battery capacity. It is recommended to choose a larger one, because the battery will definitely undergo a certain loss after some time, and secondly, check if there is an automatic recharging function.
- Induction system: Infrared detection and bionic ultrasonic detection are most widely used. Infrared detection mainly uses the principle of infrared light sensing. Infrared radiation detects the surface of the objects. Infrared detection components can convert infrared light signals into electrical signals to determine the placement of objects in the environment, allowing the robot vacuum to recognize the environment.
- Suction: 1500Pa-2700Pa is sufficient. Of course, the greater the suction, the better, but at the same time it comes with a louder noise.
- Mopping function: The mopping function of the robot vacuum does not really differ too much between brands. Except for the iRobot floor sweeping robot, all others are basically sweeping and mopping integrated machines. For the water tank, it is best to choose an electronically controlled water tank.
- Other functions: Obstacle crossing function, continuous scanning at breakpoints, fall prevention and intelligent voice control.
The UONI V980 Plus+, the robot vacuum I started with, can be said to have really improved my life as a whole, stealing time for me that I have never have had the chance to have before. I no longer have to worry about floor hygiene, even the dust box can be automatically cleaned up through the self-emptying dustbin system. I only need to replace the dust bag once a month. In addition, it also supports remote APP management, such as setting up scheduled cleaning, designated area cleaning, no go zones and other handy functions, which make daily use more convenient. It certainly is worth every penny.